The Internet speed depends on various factors such as the strength of the network, signal obstructions, etc. Many users of JioFi routers experience low internet speeds. There are some things you can check to find the reason of poor internet speed. Moreover, there are some tricks which you can use to increase the Internet speed of JioFi routers. Here in this page, we have tried our best to cover “slow internet speed in jiofi” topic deeply and how to overcome this problem.
Recommended Read: How to Upgrade JioFi 2/3 Firmware.
Reasons for JioFi 2/3 Slow Internet Speed
You can check for some reasons due to which the Internet speeds (both download and upload) are low. Such reasons are listed below.
- Check if you have surpassed the daily data usage limit. Once you have crossed the daily/monthly data usage limit as provided by your plan, your internet speed will get decreased to 128 kbps.
- Check the status of network indicator. Green or full network signal bars indicate a good network coverage. Blue or 2-4 network signal bars suggest that you are in an average coverage region. Red or less than two network signal bars indicate a low coverage zone, due to which you are getting low internet speed.
- Test the connection with other sites/apps.
- Ensure that you keep your JioFi router within a 10-meter radius of your connected device.
- No more than ten devices should be connected to JioFi router at a time. And also, JioFi router should be placed in an open space without any interference such as walls, microwave, etc.
How to Increase JioFi Router Internet Speed
The Tricks and Tips to increase the Internet speeds on your JioFi routers are listed below.
Tip 1. Place the JioFi router rather near to an open space instead of putting it deep inside your room. This assures that it can be easily connected to the central network tower.
Tip 2. Make sure that you have changed the DNS to Open DNS or else, choose the Google DNS.
Note: You can follow this guide about How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS to Speed Up Web Browsing from here.
Tip 3. Set up a Wireless Encryption Password on your JioFi router to make sure that only you and the people you want can access the Internet. The reasons for these poor internet connections are mostly unknown. These are some of the best tricks which you can use to increase the Internet speed of JioFi routers.
If your internet speed issue continues even after running the checks listed above and using the tricks mentioned above, contact jio customer care or reliance digital service center for assistance.